The REALTORS® Land Institute (the Institute) is a membership organization created for and by land experts, dedicated to building knowledge, building relationships, and building business for its members- the extraordinary real estate professionals – who broker, lease, sell, develop, and manage our most precious resource: the land. Read more about the REALTORS® Land Institute history here.
The organization offers programs and services designed to:
- provide superior land education and professional development programs
- encourage open knowledge sharing and interaction among members
- develop networking and referral opportunities
- make deals and add to productivity
- serve as a voice in Washington on land-related issues
Members of the organization specialize in land brokerage related to:
- farms, ranches, recreational, timberland, and other specialty land properties
- undeveloped tracts of land
- transitional and development land
- subdivision and lot wholesaling
- site selection and assemblage of land parcels
- appraisals and land valuation
- farm and land management
Based on information supplied by NAR Research, the volume of land sold increased between 2010 through 2013 from $4,031,200,331 to $16,505,762,861. The results of an Institute survey in which about 200 random land specialists participated indicated that the averageALC earned $373,925, which is approximately $100,000 more a year than the average earned by non-designee respondents. The largest ALC transaction in 2013 was $80 million and the largest ALC transaction reported to date in 2014 is $562 million.