LOCATION: The ZOC Ranch is located in Central Eastern Oklahoma in LeFlore County. The ranch borders for about ¼ mile along SH 83, which is the North boundary, about 3/8 mile along a farm to market road along the West boundary and about ½ mi along a farm to market road which is the East boundary, therefore this ranch has road access along 3 sides of the property. The ranch is about 15 min from the county seat city of Poteau, about 30 min to the larger city of Ft. Smith, Ark, about 2 hrs to Tulsa, about 3 hrs to Oklahoma City and about 4.5 hrs to Dallas. The 1.5 million acre Ouachita National Forest is about 15 miles. Wister Lake State park, consisting of a 4,000 acre lake with 11,000 acres public use land is about 7 mi. This is a creek valley setting with scenic mountain & valley views surrounding the ranch.
SERVICES TO PROPERTY: Rural water, electric, school bus route, mail route and LP gas delivery.
LAND: 565 acres total divided into 6 pastures with abundant water supply for livestock in each of the 6 pastures plus a creek that flows through the ranch. The land is currently used to pasture horses, livestock and produce hay crops plus pasture horse paddocks, stables and an arena. The land is sandy-loam by nature and well suited to pasture, hay crops, fruit, berries and home grown vegetables. Wild fruits and nuts include blackberries, persimmon, black haws, muscadine & possum grapes, red and yellow wild plums, huckleberries and hickory nuts. The land has varied terrain features ranging from level grassy meadows to rolling heavily wooded hills. Numerous hardwoods are present along with a good amount of yellow pine timber making timber farming a viable option. Currently there is estimated to be about 30 to 35% of this land in timber with the remainder in pasture and meadows. The ranch is estimated to be capable of handling around 140 AU’s plus furnish the winter hay supply.
1. Arena building: An all steel structure which is 84 x 150 ft. Inside this structure are 3
bedrooms, bathrooms, tack room, storage room and shower room. There are 10 wood-
lined horse stalls that are each 15 x 24 ft each. There are 2 hookups in the barn for
motor homes or 5th wheel trailers when guest need these facilities. The barn is equipped
with electric and rural water.
2. Old frame constructed original territory farm home is standing but in poor condition.
3. Set of cattle working pens with metal head chute.
4. 150 x 300 ft arena fenced with announcer stand heated and cooled.
5. There are 9 trailer hookups plus facilities for holding horses at night.
6. There are 8 separate wood enclosed pens with water in each for horses.
WILDLIFE & HUNTING: ZOC ranch has been managed for years as a benefit for wildlife. The family’s desire was to make this a game preserve for all wildlife with particular emphasis on whitetail deer and turkey. This property has a perfect blend
of open pastures with scattered trees and dense timber-land fingers plus heavy foliage along the creek providing great bedding areas. This ranch is nestled in a river valley near the foot of 2 mountain ranges that affords thousands of acres of wildlife habitat. When hunting pressure occurs in the mountains, this is the perfect spot for turkey and deer to stay with plenty of food sources and water. In addition, the ponds on this ranch are all sources for bass, crappie, catfish, perch and other pan fish.
TAXES: $848 paid last year.
COMMENTS: Unique mountain valley ranch offering many possibilities from cattle ranching, fishing and hunting to a gathering place for the competitive horseback shooter or rodeo enthusiast with all the facilities in place for these type events. Outstanding home-sites are afforded all having panoramic mountain and valley views with needed utilities already on the ranch. Having road frontage on 3 sides makes this ideal for sub-division into smaller ranch units all with nice home-sites.
1. Only 15 minutes to city of Poteau.
2. Scenic and panoramic mountain and valley views.
3. Road frontage on 3 sides including highway frontage.
4. All utilities for building with numerous home-sites.
5. Excellent hunting for deer and turkey plus good fishing right on ranch.
6. Abundant water supply from 6 ponds and creeks.
7. This would make a good hunting property with horse and camping facilities in place.
8. Large all steel arena-type barn with bedrooms, bath & shower. Easy to add more rms.
9. 150 x 300 ft arena and announcer stand designed for rodeo events or competitive
10. Adjacent to the arena is a circular warm-up track.
11. Now used as a cattle and horse ranch with all needed facilities in place.
565 ACRES OF LAND FOR SALE
64 x 150 BARN/LIVING QUARTERS
HORSE STALLS/RV HOOK UPS
150 x 300 ARENA
WHITETAIL DEER, WILD TURKEY
ABUNDANT WATER/6 PONDS & CREEK
BEAUTIFUL BUILDING SITES
DARALI MIXON (918)647-6664