LOCATION: Central Eastern Oklahoma in LeFlore County. This land borders for about 660 feet along a graded farm to market county road at the NE corner. Also, the property has about 2 miles frontage (some places on both sides of road) along a gas well road so that the entire property has very good vehicle access. In addition, there are old logging or 4-wheeler roads that pass through other sections of this land. The land is about 8 miles from the town of Wister. Poteau is about 30 min. Ft. Smith, Ark is about 1 hr. Tulsa is about 2 hrs. Oklahoma City is about 3 hrs. Dallas is about 4.5 hrs.
SERVICES: Electric, Drilled water well with submersible pump, septic system, school bus route, mail route, LP gas delivery.
LAND: 360 acres of land with a variety of terrain features ranging from a mostly level plateau overlooking a level valley below, some gently to moderate sloping land and some level open type land that has been used for pasture in past years. The land is sandy-loam by nature and suited to timber farming, marginal pasture in certain areas, some surface moss-covered stone in the hilly areas with sections of land having soil depth for gardening and fruit trees. Years ago this and adjoining land was used as a cattle ranch. There is a good portion of the North boundary that is fenced.
BUILDING: There is an almost new 40 x 60 steel- framed, metal clad building with a cement floor. 1,200 s.f. of this building is living quarters. The remaining 1,200 s.f. is used as a shop area. If you want to live in a maintenance-free home, this would certainly work as a full-time residence or it makes the perfect hunting and vacation headquarters. Features include the following:
Kitchen: 15 feet x 23 feet, (all one large open area), log siding on walls, tongue and groove pine ceilings, two ceiling fans with lights, oak cabinets with Formica counter tops, stained concrete floors throughout the entire living area, sliding door open from kitchen to shop area, 9 ft ceilings.
Living Room: 15 feet x 22 feet, 9 ft ceilings, same walls and ceiling as above, ceiling fan with light, wall mounted flat screen TV, wood stove with flue, concrete floor stained.
Bedroom #1: 11feet x 14 feet, same wall and ceilings as above, concrete floor stained.
Bedroom #2: 11feet x 14 feet, same wall and ceilings as above, concrete floor stained.
Bathroom: 6 feet x 9 feet, corner shower, commode, built-in vanity with oak cabinet, log siding walls, stained concrete floor.
Utility room: 6 feet x 6 feet, washer and dryer connections, concrete floor stained, same wood walls and ceiling as rest of living quarters.
Front Porch: 10 feet x 36 feet, concrete flooring
Game Room & Storage Area: 30 feet- x 40 feet, 2nd floor area above living quarters with wood floors, lighting and metal stair access from shop.
Shop area: 30 x 40 ft, cement floor, metal walls and roof, electric service and lights.
Energy efficiency: This all-metal building is fully insulated for maximum energy efficiency. Windows in living area are all low E vinyl thermal windows.
Heating and Cooling: 4 all-electric energy efficient mini-split units. One mini-split is located in the kitchen, one in the living room and each bedroom has one.
WATER: Seasonal creek, drilled well at home and two ponds. Average rainfall in this section of SE Oklahoma runs around 45 to 50 inches per year depending on season.
TAXES: Approximately $658 per year.
RESTRICTIONS: Roadway easements, minerals previously reserved, utility easements and certain restrictions preventing shacks being used as dwellings. Junk vehicles cannot be abandoned on the land. Activities deemed noxious or illegal are intended to protect property values and the peaceful use and enjoyment of this property.
1. Low rolling and heaving wooded mountains in sparsely settled section of LeFlore County where about 70% of the land is in forest. Surrounding valleys are where you can find small farms and cattle ranches.
2. Suitable for timber farm. Check with your accountant for the tax advantages offered if you set the purchase up for this use.
3. Hunting for deer, turkey, quail, squirrel, rabbit and other game. Black bear are reported and there is a season.
4. Fishing in the pond for bass, crappie, catfish, perch and other pan fish. Good water for livestock.
5. All steel structure providing living quarters and shop all in one 2,400 s.f. steel building with cement floor.
6. Locked gate affords privacy for this property. The gate is shared by several other land-owners who by mutual consent desire to keep the road private. Each owner has a key to the gate.
7. Land also fronts a farm to market road along the NE side. Access to the cabin/shop is via the road with a locked gate for security and privacy.
8. Scenic mountain views. Several nearby lakes and streams for fishing.
9. Timber farm potential. Check with your accountant for tax advantages of being the owner of a timber producing property.
CONTACT AGENT: (918)839-4717
HUNTING LAND FOR SALE
40 x 60 HUNTING CABIN
WHITETAIL DEER, WILD TURKEY
SEASONAL CREEK, 2 PONDS, WELL
SCENIC MOUNTAIN VIEWS
TIMBER FARM POTENTIAL
BOB BOWMAN (918)839-4717
Land for Sale