Easy Duck Recipes
Nashville Hot Duck Wings
- Two pounds of duck wings
- Half cup of lard
- 1 Tbsp of brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 Tsp of black pepper
- ½ Tsp of paprika
- ½ Tsp of garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Mix dry ingredients into a bowl.
- On a stove top, melt the lard.
- Pour melted lard into bowl with dry ingredients.
- Prepare wings (bake or fry).
- Coat prepared wings with sauce (or leave the sauce for dipping).
- 5 cups skinless duck breast fillets, cut into chunks
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup flour
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups dry red wine
- 3 cups beef stock
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter
- Rosemary or bay leaves to taste
- 1 pound quartered fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups quartered small red potatoes
- 3 carrots peeled and cut into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Season the duck with salt and pepper. Toss it with flour to coat evenly.
- In a large pot, cook the bacon over medium heat until it is lightly browned. Add the olive oil and heat for two to three minutes.
- Toss in the duck pieces and cook, stirring often until evenly browned. Add the onion and cook for three to four minutes.
- Add garlic, wine, and beef stock. Bring to a boil, cover with a lid or foil, and place in the preheated oven for three to four hours or until meat is tender.
- Add remaining ingredients. Liquid should just cover the contents of the pot; add more beef broth if needed. Return the pot to the oven for another hour. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- One whole duck
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp of black better
- ½ cup melted butter
- Rub salt, pepper, and paprika onto duck and place in roasting pan.
- Roast duck at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- Spoon butter over duck and cook for another 45 minutes or until golden brown.